Youth ATV/Motorcycle and Snowmobile Certification
To help ensure the safety of all riders, Utah law allows anyone under 18 years of age can operate an OHV on public land if they are:
- Able to reach and operate each control necessary to safely operate the off-highway vehicle and;
- Have in their possession an OHV education certificate, and;
- Under direct adult supervision
The online youth education course fee is $34.95 per student and you only need to pass it once. Once you pass, you can print out an operator license that will be valid immediately.
The OHV certification covers all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), off-highway motorcycles (OHMs), and side-by-side ATVs (type II ATVs or UTVs), and the snowmobile certification covers only snowmobiles.
These education classes help keep you safe by teaching necessary skills, such as:
- Safe riding
- Proper machine sizing
- Weight distribution
- Responsible and ethical riding
- Proper handling and shifting
- Riding within your ability
OHV Education FAQs
Youth Safety Certification Courses
Pick the certification course that’s most convenient for you, with both online and in-person options available.