Often times, boating hazards may not be what you think. They can include:
- Floating Docks / Swim Platforms
- Fixed Platforms / Boat Lifts
- Shoreline Docks exceeding 75 ft. from shore
- Mooring Buoys
- Scientific / Research related devices
- Navigational Aids / Regulatory Markers
- Utility and/or Irrigation Piping
Remember to check the rules before placing anything in the water
Placement of Waterway Markers (R651-204-1):
No person shall place on or near the waters of this state any waterway marker, except a divers flag, without written authorization by a federal agency operating within federal authority or by the Division of Outdoor Recreation.
Hazards to Navigation (R651-204-2):
No person shall place any permanent or anchored objects on the waters of this state without written authorization by a federal agency operating within federal authority or by the Division of Outdoor Recreation.
To comply with this requirement, those placing waterway markers or permanent/anchored objects must complete an application prior.